View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmo View Post
Its fine if people don't want to use logic and facts to see a domed facility will be a dud. People whom have experience with sports facilities or have been actively involved in that scene will be proving right. There is no logical reason for Regina to build such a large facility. Yes for cultural merits it is important but libraries and galleries don't cost 500m, also they are .... FOR THE CONSUMPTION AND USE OF ALL. This means either access is free or in some way made accessible for people whom may have trouble paying (students, elders, low-income, kids). To say a Rider game is in par as that is a complete joke. This is why Stadiums all across North America are boondoggles because the perceived 'culture' and 'accessibility' is a myth. Ticket prices always shoot up and people can engage in Sports culture without spending a dime at a new facility. Unless one can make a valid argument on how the facility would be inclusive to all then it can't be called a 'cultural facility'.

We will be vindicated. To many examples of duds all around. We are not different here in Regina. It would be a money looser just like the rest of them (ours potentially being the worst due to costs and the taxbase size). I can bet my dollar the new plan won't be a dome/retractable roof. They will push an outdoor facility with an option for a dome down the road (aka never). They can't let the new plan creep over the old amount that was pegged (how can they if they couldn't make the old number work via funding?).
Sorry to not add anything substantive to this thread (I am all for a domed facility downtown btw!), but Osmo, your incorrect use of "whom" drives me nuts! A quick lesson for you:

Use the he/him method to decide which word is correct.
he = who
him = whom

He has experience with sports facilities. Therefore, who is correct.
For who/whom will the sports facility benefit?
Will the sports facility benefit him? therefore, whom is correct.