View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 5:17 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Especially the Allstar and Gateway Motels. I hope with the North Temple RDA power of eminent domain for the first five years of the redevelopment zone that they will use it to get rid of those two trashy places.
Why stop there. Here is a list of north temple motels that should be demolished.

- Motel 6
- Dream Inn
- The Overnighter
- Gateway Inn
- All Star Inn
- Econolodge
- Howard Johnson Express
- The Lodge
- Quality Inn

Probably one or two that I'm missing. Getting rid of the motels would be a huge first step. They are the main driving force behind the drugs and prostitution in the area. I personally agree with Future Mayor... Just rip it all down and start fresh. I know some people don't want to see the old blue boteeqe and red iguana building go.... I do. We don't need to save every building over 50 years old... They are run down, falling apart, and look like crap... We have plenty of little old brick building elsewhere. I think the base of the old biomat building would be a great place for the red iguana... They would probably get a lot more business there as well.