Thread: Gordo is gone!
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
On keeping with the typical anti-NDP hysteria,
Whatnext, this post is all in good jest, but you leave me scratching my head. You say you drive a BMW and always rail against "Mayor Moonbeam" and his Vision Vancouver cohorts at City Hall, which leads me to believe that you are centre/centre-right on the political spectrum. Mayor Moonbeam and Vision are mostly comprised of moderate New Democrats and some federal Liberals compared to COPE and it's left-wing loons.

Yet, you paradoxically seem to support Carole James and the NDP. Fair enough. But some of the Vancouver NDP MLA's are complete left-wing nutbars compared to Vision Vancouver. I'd take and rather vote for Vision Vancouver any day.

Take Vancouver-Kensington NDP MLA Mable Elmore, for example. She's a proud anti-Zionist, anti-capitalist, anti-colonialist. A real nutty loon. Here's Mable at an anti-war rally on the steps of the VAG in complete shrill mode:

Video Link

BTW, I've always had the utmost respect for former North Coast NDP MLA Dan Miller who also served a stint as interim premier during the late 1990's. As one First Nations chief once confided in me during the late 1990's "He's a good businessman". As a union guy, Miller also came from the federal Liberal wing of the provincial NDP.

Miller was also the architect of the tax credit regime for the northeast natural gas industry in the late 1990's that resulted in the later natural gas boom. Kudos to him. Miller also supports the offshore oil and gas industry, the Enbridge pipeline, the turned down Prosperity Mine in Williams Lake, etc. Certainly not NDP positions. Miller understands that a vibrant economy and government revenues from a healthy business sector is what pays for our health, education, social services, and infrastructure, for example.

BTW, Dan Miller also sits on the board of directors of BC Ferries that made the decision to outsource the C-Class vessels to Germany. Why? Because of the fixed-cost contract and superior quality at a time when steel costs were surging, etc. As a further aside, Dan Miller has come out in support of the HST because it's good public policy. Go figure.

FWIW, I don't see any "Dan Millers" on the current NDP bench with his business acumen. And that's unfortunate for BC.

Last edited by Stingray2004; Nov 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM.