View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2015, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Okay, thank you, but I must repeat: If you click on the link to the hi-res coloured renders (posted by Jlousa above), you can zoom in and see the crown in detail. The size of the crown as seen from the north in those coloured renders is clearly different than the crown in the official North Elevation drawings (also linked to above).
You might be right, like I said I can't really tell and like OD said, renders are not always 100% faithful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
There's a bit of difference - looks like 1 floor.
But when have we really trusted renderings?

The last shot is the money shot - and how most people will see the tower.
Great to see modern contrasting with the heritage, rather than mimicky.
Most people won't even see the peak as it'll be hidden by other buildings when viewed from the south
and the radiating point on the northeast corner of the façade won't be visible either until the lands to the north are developed.
The base of the tower is certainly the feature, and IMO quite unique. Not only does the tower contrast, but the individual panes of the oragami will be reflective to reflect back different angles of the station, letting the new tower pay tribute to its heritage neighbour. You can kind of see the effect in the rendering you posted.