View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 2:18 AM
~Hook'em~

I like it. It is kinda a 21 century version of something you would expect to see from the 1940's-60's. With large modern glass areas but contained withing lots of that older looking block shapes.

Personally I am glad this one is going where it is and the other is going where it is. I think the other building is going to be the huge star. This part of Congress already has some kick ass buildings. They are only planning on spending $150 mil or so in whatever they build on this lot. The other one is going to be $350 to $400 mil, and I think it is really going to do wonders for the new Waller Creek area and Rainey Street. Both which I think are going to be very important in the future. This building is going to bring 1k rooms to 2nd and Congress. That is what is important about it. Congress has Frost and the Austonian right there already. Having a 50 story hotel there isn't going to do for that area what it will do for the Waller Creek and Rainey Street IMO.

The one huge complaint I have about it is the east side. The other three sides look cool as hell but the east side of it is completely bla. It has none of the cool stuff you see on the rest of the building. (I'm assuming the north side looks a lot like the south and west side. Which may be a dumb assumption, who knows?)