View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 11:57 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Found that too. I'm wondering if that hotel would consider selling to 601W - I'm sure you could build a sizable tower on half that lot, but the entire lot could yield a really big tower or two. It looks like 601W pretty much was able to buy half of that block - minus the hotel and the small building with Don Fresco in it. Everything else is now theirs.

I know that 601W said they could develop on adjacent land, so I'm just wondering if purchasing a lot like they just did was always part of the plan regardless, or if it was more of a conditional thing that they'd buy the lot of land if they had a legitimate interest/signing.

If it's conditional then this gets really, really interesting, otherwise it's just business as usual.
There is much interesting here with the Old Post Office project, really.

I am still intrigued that while other developments need an anchor tenant, this project landed $500 million in financing from one of the nation’s premier lenders despite no major announcements. That’s not just a vote of confidence, that’s SCREAMING to the world that something really legit is happening here.

I’m not necessarily saying it’s Amazon, but something is going on behind the scenes.