View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
Gotta agree with AXS on this one. From the rendering it looks like the develpment is intentionally pushing pedestrian to the other sidewalks. the trees look like barriers. I imagine that once folks are actually living in the units, they will be complaing about all the traffic and people on THEIR sidewalks. And of course "what about the children?"
Why can't we build all the way to the lot line anymore? What the hell are they supposed to do? Offer an easement of 5 feet to widen the sidewalks? NO, that kind of shit is exactly why streets like Clark St. have been deteriorating and never form from scratch anymore. I thought everyone on here loved buildings that were dense and closely packed so that walking and taking transit makes the most sense???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXSands View Post
wrigleyville is almost entirely that block. clark, from addison to newport.
So you are saying that Wrigleyville is 50% parking lots and 50% bars with almost no residential units? For some reason I don't think that is very demographically representative of the area most people think is Wrigleyville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXSands View Post

also, the starbucks isn't just some crappy building.
it's an original piece of chicago

...this isn't a part of chicago that is in need of new development. and besides, if the developer wants his huge project, why isn't the lot of 7-11 down to the starbucks big enough?
Last time I Checked, every building within the city limits was quite literally "part of Chicago". The Starbucks building is nice and all, but A. we have like 10k other buildings just like it and B. That building in particular is not in very good condition and is heavily altered. I mean the parapet wall has clearly been stripped of the original ornamentation in one of those "rip the blocks out and paste over it with cheap cement" hack jobs...