View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 8:31 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
The Statesman article is pandering to the haters. Because of the soap opera history of the F1 track no wise investor is going to build a large hotel or anything else until they see a successful race. if the first one goes off smoothly and is well received, there will be a lot of development in 2013. If the race isn't successful a hotel in that area would be useless.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...k-2276556.html
I wouldnt say that if the F1 race is not successful developing a hotel would be useless. While F1 is the main reason why the track is being built in the first place, its still being built which means we will have a race track and a Grade A international track at that, the only one in the U.S. mind you. To think everything is just gonna die away out there is not the case. We will have races on that track either way because you don't spend that kind of money to have it sit there and do nothing if one F1 race does not pan out the way they think. Im thinking we will see a good turnout for F1 but even if we don't there are other races in the works or are already signed. Australia super cars for one. Even though its not official yet, it does look likely we will see MOTO GP in 2013. I think in the end our region needs to make this race track successful wether or not F1 stays here and therefore I do believe we will see increased development over the next several years around the track including a hotel or two.