View Single Post
Old Posted May 11, 2012, 7:17 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Did they not pull the plug on the developer just as the developer was finalizing things to start construction? From what I remember, it seemed as though this was done to use the land for that volleyball tournament.
I don't know enough about what really happened to make an assessment of it. The story from Centennial I think was that they couldn't get financing but were going to break ground relatively soon. The WDC however had already extended the deadline for Salter once or maybe twice before they pulled the plug on the project. I have no idea why they switched gears and moved on to the Cunard site rather than giving companies, including Centennial, the opportunity to bid again on Salter. Maybe they have bigger plans for that area, or maybe they though Cunard was a better site for the time being.

I have a hard time faulting the WDC for not developing enough and then also complaining about them pulling the plug on a developer that was too slow. At the end of the day my problem is simply related to the WDC's end results over the past decade.