View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco_Zig View Post
Right there I disagree with you (though I can't tell if you are serious). I would hate SF to be that dense (you are proposing radical change). Other than TOD and the downtown stuff (both of which I support) I like it as it is. We have a very European (though not Paris) density now and its very livable. So am I a NIMBY now? Everyone is at some point in th discussion

We live in a democracy and its a bitch sometimes.

I think the rest of the Bay Area is truly the environmental problem and not SF. You should consider concentrating your efforts there as I think it is more realistic. Lets add a few million people in the footprint of the urban Bay Area now and protect the delta and farm land! I think this we can really do this so this is where I want to concentrate my efforts in the future

And the privatizing Muni thing is ridiculous!
There's a lot of places in SF where density should increase, specially around transit, Sunset, Richmond, along Geary, Third St and Mission St. It would be irresponsible for San Francisco to maintain its current density as there is a huge demand. As a homeowners, I would love it since it increases the value of my property, but that is selfish. I am sure we can maintain the uniqueness of San Francisco and still provide more new housing.