View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 8:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
Then you simply haven't been looking. Hayes St. is a different world from what it was. It now looks and feels quite upscale (like Chestnut or Fillmore in Lower PacHeights)--as opposed to being dreary--with many new and seemingly successful businesses.

Yes and this is nothing new. I moved here in 2001, and, to me, it's nothing new. A lot of it was there before the freeway was torn down.

And the Octavia Blvd has completely opened the neighborhood up--it's like a big, long park.

You call that a development?? HAHAHAHA!! How many times have I seen anybody using this "park," how about zero- why don't they just call it a mini freeway or racetrack?

Then there is The Hayes which is quite a large project but not the most significant impact on the area.

Totally ruined that intersection of the neighborhood, what a boring, bland, suburban looking monstrosity. But, like I said, this isn't even open yet, after 10 years.

And there have been several infill buildings built along Gough plus a couple more on Market near Octavia that have been approved and should be built soon--renderings have previously been posted.

Do you really consider Ellis and Gough Hayes Valley, or the Market Octavia neighborhood? It might be that way on the blueprints, but in the real world, I no thinkee so
I do pay attention, thank you very MUCH

Vote Queen Rudy '08!