Thread: Gage Park
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 6:09 AM
On Guard For Thee

I have biases, just like everyone else--but I have never come here to push an agenda. End of story.

What amazes and confounds me is how posters here would choose to be dismissive of a poster like RePinion--who has brought an entirely new perspective to this site. He and I have disagreed completely in the past--yet never once has it become polarizing or uncivil. Nonetheless, no matter how much time or effort is put into a post--it's dismissed merely because it doesn't fit the very narrow definition of what's acceptable here and what is not.

Since the question I posed earlier in the thread have been ignored--let me try a different approach. From my perspective--downtown has a unique role to play in terms of shaping the city's identity--acting as a cultural and artistic hub, and well as the centre of commerce. Is it that--a single, defining area that is (potentially) shared by all, or, is it a neighborhood that is viewed with exclusivity by it's residents who don't feel municipal or regional input is even remotely important, let alone welcome? That's a serious question--and I look forward to the answer.