Thread: Gage Park
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:56 AM

fastcarsfreedom, that is a very good question that is sure to draw plenty of discussion. Having said that, it really is beyond the scope of this thread, which is supposed to be about the restoration of Gage Park. I have heard from forumers pleading to keep these threads on topic, and it is really only fair that we all respect the scope of the individual thread and either take wider ranging discussions to more appropriate threads in SSP Hamilton, or start up a new thread in either the "Business Politics and the Economy" or "General Discussions" sections. When we do not, the topic is hijacked and any valuable discussion on that topic is lost in pages of diatribes and rebuttals. This does not add to the quality of this thread, rather it diminishes its value.

Unfortunately, discussions in these threads frequently get hijacked and sidetracked by those with various ulterior motives. Often it happens innocently, sometimes intentionally by those solely intent on disrupting discussion (lovingly referred to as trolls), and occassionally it is done simply to satisfy personal egos.

To those forumers who have been discouraged by these digressons (Steeltown, JT Jacobs), I apologize and will make a renewed effort not to fall into the honeypot of discussion diversion, and I hope others will follow suit.

Last edited by markbarbera; Apr 15, 2008 at 12:35 PM.