View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 8:01 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Woodwards has 100mbps internet in every unit included in the strata fees (fastest in the country when it opened). It also has free wifi in the amentity space upstairs. I'm a fan of having super speed internet included and forcing everyone to have it really lowers the costs, but I'm not sure how popular it would be as an amentity.

It's been studied to death by developers, as far as amenties go everyone likes to brag about having a gym/pool. They are also the least likely amenties that people take advantage, but they sure sell units.

I still think a workshop would be so handy, it could be located down in the parkade (with ventilation) and consume a half dozen or so parking spots somewhere in a corner where the spots might not even be usable.
A guest unit also something useful but not overly popular, with small units it's nice to have an available furnished room to book for when you have company over, having them stay in the same building is nice, they book the room and the money goes back into the strata, I'm not a big fan of this one though.