View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Carriage Hill Estates subdivision in east Riverview is about to see a major expansion...

The additions to the development will include:

- 92 single unit dwellings
- 336 semi detached homes
- 140 townhouses
- 294 apartment units.

When you factor this in with the Clayton Developments subdivision that will be breaking ground this year, this means that the Gunningsville/East Riverview area will see 1285 new housing units!
Read in the paper this morning, the above plan was approved by Town Council last night.

They mentioned setting aside 39,011 Sq. Meters of land for public purposes as well, in the area where Riverview plans to put in a future park.

I walk back in that area and they have the land cleared back in some places all the way to the sewer line that Riverview put in a couple of years ago (this is also where the future Bridgedale Blvd. will exist when it's built).

I can definitely see where they have enough space there for the units they are talking about.

There was also an article about the council meeting discussing the installation of traffic lights at the intersection of Old Coach Road and Hillsborough Road. This is to accommodate the new K-8 school and from my experience make it easier to pull out of there in the morning. They also plan to widen the road there as well which increased the cost of the project significantly.

I can in the future see another set of lights needing to be installed somewhere at one of the roads leading out of Carriage Hill. Making a left out of there in the morning is challenging, even a right turn from the opposite side of the street can take some time as the traffic can be lined up 40-50 cars in a row at times.