View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 12:57 AM

I went on June 1st. Would love to post pictures except I didn't take many. Why? Because of the damn fog. My first complaint is that they should let you reschedule in case it rains or becomes foggy. It wouldn't be a refund but you could pick a different day. I think that option should be open. If I knew it would have rained a month ago when I bought the tickets I would have not picked that day. So what happens if you are in the hospital and you miss your time and date? Tough shit? Greedy selfish bastards.

Anyway, it's a nice observation deck, they did a nice job. It could have definitely been better though. I'm sure they will make changes as time goes on. The experience on the B2 level was cool, you hear the construction workers talk about how they built the Tower and how proud they are. I'm proud of them too. The elevators were really cool and FAST. That See Forever Theater is a waste, and should show something better. I thought you could explore the 102nd floor but you could only walk around a small portion of that floor before reaching the escalators that take you down to 100 & 101. The City Pulse things were ok, nothing to brag about. The Sky Portal, same thing. The gift shop, expensive & not enough items, but I'm sure they will sell more in time.

The gift shops located on Liberty Street near Burger King has more items related to One WTC. I was hoping to find a book or a replica of the building that wasn't $150 & $200. I bought myself a magnet for $6 plus tax. I'm sorry but it doesn't beat the South Tower's observation deck, at least not yet. I'm sure the views are incredible and that's generally what people go there to see but since I had no view and the fog broke for 30 seconds before returning, I couldn't help but take notice of how everything was set up in the observation deck.