View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2009, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer_buyer View Post
The building design...its rationale sort of escapes me; I guess my biggest beef is the lack of curvature.

I would have preferred something other than straight lines and right angles.

Witness how interesting the Channer's store front looks.
It actually creates a "wow factor" because it's not typical of all the buildings in the area.
Agreed, Channers makes great use of it's prominent corner location. However, I don't think it's the curviture in itself that gives you that interesting look and wow factor, although it definetely helps to contrast from the squarness of other nearby buildings. What Channers does well is addressing the street and recognizing that it is part of an urban fabric, not merely on a site of its own.

As for Valumart's caroline facade hemessen, your absoloutely right. The only problem is finding a place for loading, as that is the current use of that ass end. If the owners could be convinced of removing the customer grocery pick up on the north side where the entrance is, that could potentially be converted into a truck loading area. Then, that westerly row of shops inside the mall can have entrences opening onto caroline, and valu-mart could potentially construct a new entrance.