View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
When I was apartment hunting last year in NYC I noticed something that was fairly universal across all listings. With the exception of the multi-million dollar penthouse suites, you almost never see a floor plan that includes space for a home office let alone a simple desk.

While it seems every "House Hunter" on HGTV *needs* a home office, I feel like most people do at least have a desk with a computer somewhere in their abode. I don't really ever work from home but I do have a desk with my PC and a few monitors. Finding a good place to fit this in a 1 bedroom apartment was tough!

Do people really not have desks and computers anymore? Why don't developers ever include desk space in their plans? I was just looking over some plans from One 57, spend a few million and get a 3 bedroom condo...with no room for a desk...
I've seen flips (and new construction) of smallish urban houses where they've added a major closet/full bath to each of the 3 bedrooms. This always shocked me, because if you're a single person DINK couple, having 3 full baths is a huge waste of space. You don't buy houses like that with roommates in mind, and few parents are looking in these neighborhoods. An "office room" (bedroom with smallish closet and no attached bath) would make much more sense.