View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 11:53 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I could be way off, but I always considered St. Louis to be more industrial than Cincinnati. Being across the river from East St. Louis might have something to do with that, whereas Covington and Newport are practically extensions of Downtown Cincinnati with a pesky river in the way?
st. louis is definitely more industrial than cincinnati...i always sort of marvel at how non-industrial (and how lucky) cincinnati is around downtown for an older midwestern city to the east of st. louis, whereas industry just sort of scatters to the horizon around st. louis, up the river to the steel mills and refineries, through the heart of the city, up to the northeast towards the airport like its industry was once on steroids (hence the detroit angle). throw in another 3/4 of a million people worth of sprawl that cincy doesnt have.

another way to look at it is st. louis is like louisvilles harder edged industrial bigger cousin.