View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBass View Post
Yeah after having a leadership conference down at uofa last weekend I gotta say their Student Union makes the MU seem so inadequate. Makes me wonder what the university's plans were earlier when they were talking of combining PE West with the MU. Then possibly expand PE East in the mean time with bookstore for more recreational space and for the Dance/Art department.
UofA's Student Union appears large but it reminds me of some of the Maricopa County jails (near downtown) except it has a few more windows.

If ASU expands the MU I hope they keep the large, floor to ceiling windows that face Orange Mall...work is moving along on W.P. Carey's McCord Hall; the crane has been up for a while and moving things along. Construction crews for the new private student housing across from Sun Devil Stadium has foundations in place for the tower cranes; I believe two cranes will be used for this project. It will be impressive to see SDS during game day on ESPN when those two towers are standing so close by. Newman Center's walls are up facing University Drive. I wonder how impressive this structure will be. I hope they use enough brick to complement the church.