View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 3:33 PM

I think Amazon will consider Nashville and quite honestly I think Atlanta will be looked at again. The only location I think Amazon will not consider as an option is the site they chose in Northern Virginia. the reason why it works for them now is because they already have a glut of empty office space in the Crystal City area of Arlington, VA due to the DOD's effort to consolidate offices elsewhere. That left some office buildings practically empty. So, amazon will be remodeling those buildings to fit their needs. However, Amazon's 25K jobs will be far greater than the number of jobs that were lost in Crystal City due to the DOD consolidation. The area is already trying to figure out how it will handle 25K jobs. it's an area that is fed by one major road and the Metro rail system. But, with the Pentagon just a 1/2 mile away and a really tight street overlay in the area, it's going to be a challenge dealing with the traffic and the metro system. So for that reason I don't think the DC area will be on the table again.