View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 2:28 AM
Needs more coffee...

Nope, in my living room, no alcohol tonight. Budget reasons, and thought it would be nice to have some neighbours over. (Unfortunately, ones whose family pulls the same crap as our relatives, so they also reacted strongly to Farr's statements). We've spent $1.98 on two packs of cookies and have the teakettle on. Although "angry drinks" would be a little more appropriate right now.

Truly, though, though by and large our family works hard, there are members who think we're nuts when "free money" is easy to get, especially when their friends trade hints and tricks about how to best manipulate the system and workers in it and where money can possibly come from, and all the wonderful things free legal aid can do for you in manipulating landlords and stuff. And not just one of them, either.

It makes me want to vomit, especially because when you're in your thirties and have babies, you need to grow the f*** up and support your family, not place a higher value on drinking with your buddies and having shiny toys (and still not be willing to work for it). There's other pieces to these puzzle (enabling parents and crap) but man, if my Ward 2 rep thinks those issues don't exist, come ON. He can't possibly be that stupid.