Thread: Toronto as #2
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 7:17 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlooson View Post
Hold the phone a minute here, it was you who asked me to "shit or get off the pot" as all can see a few posts up the page. Now, after having done so (at your request), and proved that you were wrong, you get resentful. Well that's just to bad. Thing is, I was/am factually correct in what I have stated... and that's all that should matter. Or are these forums just some exercise in PC? You continue to ask me more about Quebec separatism, then in the very next paragraph, you warn me to get off the topic? Really, what is it with you? Can't handle the truth? I gave you a book reference that supports what I have said... and goes a lot further, plus it debunks a major (but popular) myth. Don't take my word for it... read the dammed book!

Obviously, you didn't live through the same tumultuous times in Canadian history that I did. I think it is you who should be paying more respect to those of us with actual personal knowledge of those times because we lived through them. Can you make the same claim?
You did not connect the original subject of the thread with your tangent. That was what I was asking. Equalisation payments have nothing to do withMontreal falling behind Toronto. Equalisation payments have nothing to do with the rise of Quebecois nationalism. Trucking out equalisation payments is an hors d'ouvre that a lot of people take comfort in when they browbeat someone. It has little to do with the issue of why there is a yawning crack in the bread and can only explain why there is small tendrils holding it together. You're not putting the bread together by hammering about the existence of those tendrils and you're not bothering to make a sandwich out of it either. You're sticking with your pet tendrils as if they mean anything.