View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 3:24 PM

I like Detroit's "old" skyline too. I like the Ren Cen, but my main issue with it is that it is so massive. I would have rather seen four or five different tall buildings added to Detroit rather than one huge complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
That last Toronto shot is killer, as is the third Montreal shot. The first Ottawa pan is impressive for its sheer scope.

BTW, I think Detroit's waterfront skyline isn't that flattering, at least taken from head on like all of the tourists and voyeurs. As most of the tallest buildings are at the front and the skyscrapers are aligned away from the river, it hides the rather vast built up area behind it.

I'd love to see you get an angle either from "behind" the skyline, or if it's from the other side of the river form Malden Park in Windsor:
Detroit's density is definitely hidden in the view from Windsor but it's the most accessible vantage point. It's still a great view, but that's the problem for so many skylines: lack of good vantage points. That's why I don't have good shots of London and Buffalo. Even Hamilton, which is surrounded by great views from the Niagara Escarpment, has the problem of not being able to see all the buildings in one view. Two of the shots I posted include the three tallest, but the massing isn't optimal.