View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 11:25 PM

I took these photos from my workplace at the Civic Hospital. Sadly, I wasn't able to get a better one of downtown (not that our downtown skyline is particularly nice), but if you look to the left you can see Performance Court, Tribeca (hidden in this picture) and the Merit (you can also see Hom and the top of Vanier Hall from this location), not to mention Soho Lisgar's top is in this photo and you can see Hudson Park and a bit of Mondrian. If you go to my Flickr page and view this image in it's full size you can see the cranes for Cathedral Hill, Gotham, 90 Elgin.

I'll try to take better ones where you can see Tribeca - you see quite a lot of it because it's a mixture of tall and surrounded by much shorter buildings.

I much rather prefer the skyline of West Wellington/Hintonburg/Tunney's Pasture as you have a variety of building heights and designs (not necessarily attractive ones, but I appreciate them more from this angle), not to mention the sea of leafy green trees and the rolling Gatineau Hills in the distance.

Downtown Ottawa by Shel DeF on Flickr

Tunney's Pasture by Shel DeF on Flickr