View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
Gosh.

First, some of you need to dramatically decrease the length of your posts. Do you really think most people read word for word posts that take up half a page in a thread? Especially when its a common, rather than ocassional occurrence for some forumers.
WHY? If the point of a forum is to have a discussion someone needs to actually say something, don't they? Some people are just more verbose than others, it happens in writing as well as speech. You don't like it? Do read it, move on, those of us interested in reading will continue to do so.

Quote:
Second, don't rush to judgement on a building where we don't even have a acceptable rendering.
Why not? He has a, obviously strong, opinion. It is obvious from the post that no matter what the final product is, he won't like it...it is just a matter of how bad it sucks....and I agree with that point. In all likelyhood this is another lagrange POS with a NYC pedigree.

Quote:
Look, it's obvious many of you are very knowledgable about architecture and urban planning. But it gets tiresome reading constant negativaty. I feel like Fox news took over the Chicago threads.
Like all art, architecture is no good at all if it doesn't stirup emotion, and for any opinion to be worth something both sides of the argument should be heard.

Oh, and congrats for pulling me out of a two year posting hiatus.

SSDD