View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 1:54 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

What I like about this is that it only takes up half of that block between Georgia and Francisco, so something else will eventually be developed next door. Which I believe was originally planned to be offices or studios, but fell through when AEG couldn't get a braodcast company to commit. Hopefully with the economy picking up steam, we'll see some sort of mixed use office/hotel/residential tower proposed next door in the 30-40 story range (I'm being very, very optimistic here, guys).

Some more renders from Brigham's Blog/CRA:

The west view, or from the 110 freeway. The plot in the bottom left corner is the rest of the block. This pool will be rendered pretty useless once that neighboring plot is developed:

Image Source: CRA LA/brighamyen.com

The hotel entrance on Francisco Street. Olympic Blvd on the left:

Close-up on Olympic street frontage, which will include a restaurant/lounge with outdoor seating. A 1,000 sq. ft. plaza on the corner sets the hotel pedestrian entrance back from street a bit. Could be more green, in my opinion:

"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon