View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2008, 5:43 PM

Snapped some pictures of a few construction projects that I see on my occasional commute between Norman and North OKC.

Norman

Stephenson Research Building

Norman Hospital

OKC - Bricktown/Maywood Park/Deep Deuce

I-40

Lofts at Maywood Park (right behind these is where Leslie Way project will go)

Central Avenue Villas

Block 42 (completed)

The Hill - for some reason, they put 2-story buildings along the bigger/more major street, and toward the back of the project they've put the 3-story buildings.

OKC - Medical District

A recently released masterplan reveals constant construction over the next 20 years in this area, infilling the medical district with medical, research, and educational buildings plus significant mixed use/residential development. It's one of the least talked about but most active areas of inner OKC, kind of a second anchor of downtown.

Cancer Institute having some very impressive looking foundation work done. Huge hole.

OU Children's Physician Building - This one is really good looking.

My pictures of the Eye Institute expansion and Allied Health College projects didn't turn out, but both are progressing nicely.

OKC - Chesapeake

Things aren't really slowing down on the CHK campus.The area looks great.

And I'll leave you with a nice little view of the NW skyline at sunset (I like the water tower). This is a great hill near Chesapeake, with some empty lots- would be a lovely place for CHK's planned apartments/condos if they decide to put them here. Great views.