View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:27 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but the only places in Canada and the continental US that fit the characteristics of having a subtropical climate are southern California, the Gulf Coast and southern Florida. To even entertain the believe that Canada has a subtropical climate is pretty out there.

cfa

I think the poster is referring to the literal Koppen description of Humid Subtropical (which is a poor descriptor I think). In the non coastal eastern/central US that means absolutely brutalizing summers to bring up the yearly temp average with the cool winters. I'm talking about back to back days of over 100 F(37-38 C).

You end up with an average temperature that is deceptive and Koppen called it "sub-tropical," which is BS. His ideas about climate fall apart in North America. ...btw that cfa outlier dot over the top/middle is St. Louis so I can speak from experience on the summer heat.

Last edited by Centropolis; Mar 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM.