View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 1:40 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
Being only an hour apart from each other, Plattsburgh and Montreal are surely much more integrated than Toronto and Rochester, which are 3 hours apart.
I'm not familiar with the regional economics, but Plattsburgh being the location of "Montreal's US airport", would be reason enough for Montrealers to go to Plattsburgh, yes?
Other than cheap US flights (to a select few destinations) and shopping (now hurt by the falling Canadian dollar), I'd be surprised that most Montrealers would even consider going to Plattsburgh. Why would they bother with the hassle of the border?

IMO, people tend to gravitate towards larger cities than to smaller places, unless you have a cottage or something of the like.

For instance, I'd expect that more people from Windsor go to Detroit than the other way around, excepting those in the 19-20 age group who want to party.

Or to use another example, not many Torontonians (aside from Leafs fans who want tickets they can afford) go to Buffalo. Toronto has everything you might need/want in a city without the hassle of driving 150ish kilometers down the QEW. Now, if you're talking Torontonians going to New York City, that's a different ballgame.