View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
Mr Roboto, I think we all agree with you that the problem is incredibly complex, and involves numerous moving parts. But your living in a fantasy world if you think you can sell anyone on the idea of giving more resources to poor performing CPS schools over high performing city and suburban schools. If anything, funding will get cut even more. Given that our city and state are on the verge of fiscal catastrophe, people are weary of throwing money at untested theories in failing schools.
Hmm, ok. I dont think they agree its complex, they haven't demonstrated as much seeing as how they refused to acknowledge it but had ample opportunity through numerous posts, but I guess at least you do.

But throwing money? I didn't realize we ever did throw money at the schools. And certainly if we did, it wasn't a whole lot (relatively) at any time. I thought we merely funded them, as we do other public resources and institutions.

Well seeing as how we are on the verge of fiscal catastrophe, we might as well burn half the city down, the poor black and Hispanic parts specifically. Now that's my constructive hypothetical scenario.