View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
The difference is in geography and people movement. Intercity travel is from Surrey and Coquitlam to Vancouver and back, through Burnaby - that hasn't changed.

Coq Central's actually got the same status as Metrotown and New West, on both maps. Why Brentwood/Lougheed? Probably because they're due north of Metro/NW and right on Lougheed (making them important junctions, even if they were 99% warehouse at the time).

The later plan shows it too - connect the dots, and you have a giant web spiraling out from downtown. By contrast, Aldergrove's even further from that web than even Langley, and without the population or infill to show for it.

Ditto Highway 10. It may very well be a more significant corridor one day, but KGB and Fraser will always be on a higher level - they're the ones that need 25k+ capacity.

So that's what you were getting at by "integrated." My bad.

AFAIK that hairpin turn at Oak isn't possible until the decaying bridge gets replaced (and all those warehouses get demolished), and Sea Island's a no-go, but otherwise looks good.

Technically, they only passed on bus lanes. It sucks, yes, but there's still a chance for the B-Line going all the way to Dunderave. Though what good that'll do without bus lanes, I don't know.
Coq Central is a regional centre, a higher priority than the municipal centre of Lougheed and Brentwood.

Well, yeah, the Expo was higher priority than the Millennium since the beginning.

[Image Removed Without Citation]

Probably closer to the real alignment. The entire thing west of Arthur Liang would be a viaduct, similar to the Toronto GO spur to its airport.

I'd be amazed if Oak and Knight aren't rebuilt at some point in the next few decades.

Sea Island was not exact- the spacing is actually possible, but the Sea island crossing is pretty tight.

It would prevent people from having to get off at Park Royal.

Last edited by deasine; Mar 18, 2019 at 6:35 PM.