View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 1:41 AM

And this is why nothing gets done in the city, same thing that is happening on these forums happens with the council, like a bunch of kids at a playground fighting for that 1 swing.
Anyone with the brains for politics, has the brains not to go in it as the saying goes.
But given that, I do agree with the cost seeming a little high, doesn't HRM already own the land that this is to be built on anyway?
High rises go up for 70 million bucks, on the small side, a doubt that this libary will be a small highrise, just a prefab building.
One thing that I do like is that hopefully this will go foreword, and that the old libary gets turned into a history museum, things that that is what these corners need.
I just wish everyone would stop bitching and do something about it, progress, what do you want to be remembered for, people who saved POS buildings that are falling down cause no one wants to be in them because of the limited space, or something big that generations will look at in halifax down the road and see. "Erected in 2010 by HRM taxpayers"
I know I want stuff to get erected.
Tee hee.
Rant over.