View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Hopefully this kills Sedgwick's awful plan for the Maryville site at Montrose/Sheridan. At least if we kill the TIF component, Sedgwick can't sully the beautiful lakefront skyline using taxpayer money.

I'm especially leery of giving $30 million to a developer who's buying the land from a Catholic organization. It's not a violation of church/state separation, but still feels a little wrong.
as someone who passes by there everyday coming home from work on the 145 bus or sometimes on foot. I fully support this project. What's the old saying? Uptown may think it's Lincoln Park but it certainly isn't, with regards to being picky. It needs all the help it can get. Do people there think magically some developer in going to come in with some amazing product that requires no subsidy? HA!

On another completely unrelated note. I was in Wicker Park today for the first time in about 7 or 8 years or there able to explore a little today for about 10 minutes. Wow! I liked it and my oh my how that neighborhood has changed from 8 years ago. I was also surprised to see how much more active it was in the middle of a work day - a slow time, then Lakeview where I live.