View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2007, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudvayneimn View Post
Right now I'm going to NKU (it's a couple minutes away from Cincy) and I saw the Purple people bridge from the levee and to me, it seems like the Big 4 bridge would eat the Purple People bridge for lunch. I don't think the width of the Ohio river up here is anywhere near the width down in Louisville. Anyway, I can't wait for the bridge to be finished!

bw87a, don't forget about 1997. That's odd that the river didn't cover any part of waterfront park that day. I remember going down to the river about a month ago and the water was covering the outer edge of the Great Lawn, and i don't think there was any major storms prior.
well Waterfront Park wasn't open during the 1997 flood. And I believe that there have been some flood precautions taken during the development of the park itself. I know the park does flood. I just found it very odd that it wasn't flooding when Louisville received its largest rainfall in a single day. It was close. Within inches of coming into the lawn, but it never did...