View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 2:06 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

2017 will be even greater for the stats as many projects move from the pipeline and into foundation work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
^ Yes, although New York dominates the list, it's pretty awesome that other U.S. cities are getting their fair share of (supertall) towers too. I expect we'll see even more supertalls in the pipeline for cities such as Miami and Chicago. Especially Chicago seems to finally have gained some momentum. As for Miami: I guess its biggest flaw are those stupid FAA height restrictions which pretty much kill any solid supertall.
Surprisingly, the FAA has been kinda generous with Miami. Some of the supertalls have been approved by the FAA. They chopped some towers from 1100 ft to a modest 1,049 ft, but hey, that sounds good to me.

Sunny Isles is kinda an outlier, and for its small population, it has a very tall skyline.

I think JC will move up the rankings soon enough. Miami will continue with a solid 2nd as 2017/18 will see numerous 500 ft+ towers rising. I also see LA picking steam up. The market seems to be great now, and if all of the towers proposed recently are anything to go by, LA will see a bright future.