View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2017, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoe View Post
Clearly we're going to have agree to disagree agree here. Does Quebec have "can-do" attitude because of their heavy investment and foresight into their world leading hydro-electric, does Ontario have "can-do" attitude for designing, ironically enough, CANDU nuclear fucking reactors?

I mean my point simply is every province can lay claim to something like this in their own way but only one self proclaims a can-do attitude. Oil happened to be highly lucrative but that has little to do with it.

I don't believe Alberta is a bunch of hillbillies btw, never even hinted at that at any time, don't know why you keep bringing it up. I mean 85% of the province is urbanized, so...

I quite literally mentioned this in a previous post. No one however can claim what the correct decision is so it's a moot point anyways. A conscious choice to not develop them is obviously different than a desire to but lack of will to do it.
Alberta's "can do" is a bit of a provincial cheerleading rallying cry. It's a bit like British Columbia's "Best Place on Earth" gibberish. Needless to say, if you find yourself writing several paragraphs on the topic to "debunk" it, you are taking it far too seriously.