View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 12:25 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
BrianSac I don’t know why you would say Salt Lake City or Denver for that matter? Neither of these cities is very outstanding when you compare them to all the other cities around the globe we could possibly emulate.
I was just throwing those cities out there. I mentioned Portland because our media, and city leaders seem to be so obsessed with that city, not sure why exactly?

Maybe we dont need a model city?

Quote:
If we ask ourselves what the Sacramento look or style is could we come up with an answer? We have to do better than “It’s not the Bay Area" or it’s close to something else.
I agree with you, but ask any city leader or anyone in Sac and 90% will say exactly that...... its close to this or that and that its not like the bay area or southern cal.

The only original synergy I've heard lately comes from Sactown Magazine.....seems like they are trying really hard to create that synergy and originality, and of course our brave and visionary developers like Saca, Nassi, and Petrovich....and whoever else belongs in this category.

Seems like the "preservationists" are winning the game, mostly because of EIR's and CEQA and skilled and greedy lawyers. What are they trying to preserve? A suburban way of life and look that was mainly appealing when the metro area had only 1 million people tops.

Our "urbanites" are not exactly urban either....when it comes to building in their neighborhood. Case in point: the L street 8 story lofts project was highly opposed by groups because it was too "tall" and "massive" for the neighborhood; i'm shocked the city approved it. I was all for it. Glad it is being built.

Timothy Busfields comment about the new B street Theater, "....There's alot of red tape involved and its a big deal to contruct anything downtown anywhere, especially in the state capital of California". taken from Sactown magazine, Elyssa Lee

Sorry folks; back on topic: We need a crosstown streetcar, maybe one that loops 19th and 21st, connects with the Broadway lightrail station.One that loops 15th/16th and 9th/10th, and an east/west one that loops J and N streets