View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdawe View Post
If only people who bemoan road tolling were so concerned for the poor with respect to literally any other topic
I support the poor, hence my stance against mass immigration practices which inflict great suffering on our poor and lower middle class. The fact of the matter is tolls and mobility pricing is unfair. It is no different then King Arthur charging a bridge toll for the peasants in the Robin Hood world. Its simply unfair.

If you want demand control use credits or some other scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
Screw road tolling, stick GPS transmitters in a car and when you drive 1KM whether it's across a bridge or to the supermarket then you get taxed. You drive during rush hour you get charged more. You speed you get an automatic ticket.

Simple.

(Or just raise gas taxes which is essentially the same thing unless you refine gasoline out of your basement).
GPS monitors can always be tampered with. I don't see a way that they can work without trampling everyone's privacy rights. Everyone needs to move around, take it out of general revenue, provide diverse infrastructure and let people CHOOSE how they want to move around at any given point in time for any given trip. Have the goal of making it as cheap, convenient, and efficient to move around and give people as many options as possible. They will pick the rights ones over time and society will benefit economically.