View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 1:31 AM

I think, generally speaking, a lot of us see the potential for Phoenix to do something BIG and create a name for itself. When it comes right down to it, while it is easy to say Phoenix would never get it, I think a lot of people felt that way about Atlanta. It just took someone as high-powered as Ted Turner and the Time Warner empire to make that happen. What we need here are big time thinkers with big time budgets. Unfortunately, we have pushed the only one we have left out - Colangelo.

I like all of the ideas and I think they could all work. The money is obviously not there NOW but it could be. The opportunity will present itself to re-build Sun Devil Stadium or the Memorial Colosseum and someone will have to step up and say - "What if..."

Ultimately, this would not be a Phoenix thing - it would have to be an AZ, LA, LV, USA thing. We would need funding help from everyone who would benefit. In reality, places like Vegas and LA would benefit hugely from a Phoenix Olympics and we would need to convince them of that. The money and coordination could be there but it requires the strength and will that may not ever appear.