View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i'm starting my new commute into the office tomorrow, and planning to bike. part of my route is going to be on a very bike unfriendly road; potholes, hyper aggressive buckhead betties. i feel like i should bike this short portion on the sidewalk, but is this ever appropriate? (i know it's not legal, but that seems to be unenforced) also - how do you guys feel about helmets in general? i picked up a couple of cheap retrospec helmets but they look incredibly dorky - something much more low profile would be preferred, i dont think they need to be 2" thick...
If that was on my commute, I'd probably look into alternative routes. If there was no alternative route, I personally would probably bike as quickly as possible in the right-most vehicle lane. But I have a somewhat high tolerance for riding in vehicle lanes, and in my city, I haven't had any bad experiences with motorists in similar situations where there are two other lanes for cars to go around me. Can't speak for Atlanta drivers, and the level of traffic, both of which might change my recommendation.