View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2010, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleairwaves View Post
I suppose it's unfair to expect them include a transit station in the design when the final alignment isn't even worked out, never mind the low probability of the extension actually happening in the next decade.
The new development at Oak & Broadway (currently the 7/11 & Money Mart strip mall) has plans for a station connection from street level including a station elevator, even though nobody knows whether the UBC line itself (and the Oak St Station) will be on 10th Ave or Broadway. Until its needed, I suspect that space will be used as tenant storage rooms.

Same with the new condos on Broadway & Arbutus - If I was the developer, I would make provision in the basement for a connection to the future UBC line and future Arbutus line stations, and have that as part of the sales pitch. "Direct access to Downtown & UBC using the SkyTrain & you don't have to go outside to catch the train"

I wonder how many people who bought into The Hudson were swayed by its direct connection to the Expo/Millennium line Granville Station? I have one friend who would have bought there simply because there was a Tim Hortons at their doorstep.