View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
CBC is reporting that the oval has been saved and has a permanent home.
Saw your comments on CBC's website which were great. But I gotta post this comment from someone there that replyed to your comment that shows how people complain about things they don't know anything about.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...al-future.html

Quote:
halifaxboyns

The oval is about getting people out to enjoy being in the city and is about improving people's health. It's things like this that make the downtown a great place to live and cause people to want to move there. I'm hopeful that with retaining the oval, we'll see even more demand for residential in the core - which will have spin off effects of helping business to grow.

-------------
Reply from KevinDW

Good try, the oval is 5 miles from the core, far from the downtown, in an over-populated residental area surrounded by 100+ unit appartment building, oversized homes, and the big box stores of Bayers Lake. So no, I don't think this will be encouraging more demand for residential housing in the core

He also posted this:

How about spending the 4.5 mil and annual 400k on recreational facilities for at risk kids instead of a fad skating rink catering to the "upper" middle class of clayton park

Last edited by q12; Mar 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM.