Thread: Amazon HQ2
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
I don’t really understand why so many people (including the Mayor) thinks Amazon wants to come to Austin and fix the city’s problems. I think they would love to redevelope a rundown/abandoned part of a city like what you would find in Pittsburg, Baltimore, DC or Detroit. They talk about those kind of improvements in the RFP as it relates to Seattle.

Btw, I met someone from Seattle that was convinced HQ2 is going to Pittsburgh. She is in the business community there however it wasn’t anything close to inside information. It was just Surprising.
I think you're overestimating the impact of the negatives. No city is going to be perfect. No matter which city they go to, there are going to be challenges and realities that will have to be dealt with. Infrastructure, politics, etc. I don't think anyone really believes that Amazon wants to "fix" anything for anyone. But I'm sure Amazon is well aware that no place will be perfect and will be able to reason out what is and is not workable for them.