View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 8:21 PM

Long Beach is a cool city. I wouldn't say its a sleeper city though, Its pretty active.... Its actually pretty large on its own. If it were in any other state it would be considered a major city, I heard the Population finally broke the 500k mark last month and it has a pretty nice sized downtown, but the problem is its surroundings kill it from having a bigger role in the California.

You have LA to the north, Orange County to the south east, The LA/Long Beach harbor right at its door steps and the more desirable beaches are all to the west side of LA county and further south in Orange county........ And not to mention its surrounded by some really undesirable locations on 2 sides.... Compton on one side and the port/industrial district on the other....

If I remember correctly, last I checked the height limit was somewhere around 800ft with some towers that were once proposed in the 700 range but thanks to the recession the rest is history.

I think theres currently a 450 footer breaking ground soon. "The current Phase 2" condo tower that will reach 400 I believe but have a 50 foot spire.