View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2012, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I was pretty much floored by your beautiful screen-grabs of 'LA NOIRE' kznyc2k.

At first I was startled by the vivid color images..until I reminded myself that these images were truer to life than the black and white images
one usually correlates with 'film noir'.

I've never been a gamer, so it's hard for me to comprehend how this particular game works.
Thank you, glad you like them! Think of it more as an interactive TV series than your typical shoot-em-up video game--you spend way more time watching cinematic (in the best sense of the word) cutscenes than you do mashing the keypad trying to kill-kill-kill the enemy. In that sense it's very much unlike most games out there today, and some people have gone so far as to say that it's something completely new, something we don't yet have a name for.

Here are a few more moody black and whites:

By the way, the protagonist ^ is Aaron Staton, best known as Ken Cosgrove in Mad Men.

On the Sixth Street Viaduct

Of all the bridges in the world to come down with fucking concrete cancer, it has to be the Sixth Street Viaduct......makes me sick to my stomach!

Last edited by kznyc2k; May 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM.