Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2012, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoJim View Post
Welcome to SSP!
Nevertheless, if your budget permits it, you might consider a larger scale such as 1:100 or even 1:50.

If you select 1:50 scale your building is almost 6 feet high and about four times more expensive ...but the entire structure would be close to mini figure scale!

As for parts, I would try to build a two story corner portion of the building several times until you get the right proportions and scale that you like and then figure out the approximate total number of parts from there.
DecoJim, thank you so much for your reply and your help!! I wasn't sure if I was gonna get any help because I'm sure you builders must be really, busy people but I appreciate it you taking for time.

I really have no idea about the costs for the buildings. Would you have an idea about the approximate costs for the 1:100 and the 1:50 scale buildings? For budget, I was planning on visiting the City Council and asking if they would sponsor the project or, if not, visiting local merchants in malls and asking for support in return for displaying the buildings in their mall. When I present the project to them I want to to tell them approximate size of the buildings and costs.

As for parts, that sounds like a good idea about the corner. Once I have a spending budget that'll be the way to start. Do you start your building with Lego Digital Designer at all or just hands-on?

For these skyscrapers, do they use the regular Lego blocks or the thin ones (or does it vary with scale)? Do you have any idea how I could achieve that curved look of the building?

Again, thank you very much for your help and for your warm welcome to the site!