View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 6:19 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Build It View Post
Interesting read, but nothing new really. Regardless of house prices people go where the opportunities are. Calgary has been much more expensive than Winnipeg for years, and there are other parts of Canada far cheaper than Winnipeg, if it was all about the cheapest houses, we'd all live in Thunder Bay, or Chicoutimi or some place like that.

i agree...this statistic is not really something to thump our chests over...it is a product of low growth, both economic and of population.

you can get a cheap house in winnipeg, but step out the door and you are surrounded by winnipeg....what is the premium worth to step out the door and be surrounded by vancouver?....it is a judgement that each person has to make....i probably wouldnt do it for edmonton or calgary because what i need to live a fulfilled life is no more available there than here (although i wouldnt mind a hockey team to cheer for)....cities like montreal, vancouver and toronto might offer enough of a different experience to make the cost worth it.