View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 11:13 PM
You can call me David

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhammon View Post
How are you doing this? What method?
This thread is truly amazing and important. A great resource for doing historical research. I think the Library of Congress should archive it. At least the Los Angeles Historical Society should.
In Firefox, I use Save Page As... in the File menu, and download each page, one at a time, to a folder that I have created with the page name. This gives me a folder that contains a copy of every image as an individual jpg (or pdf, or whatever) and files containing all the text, HTML code, etc. I keep 40 folders worth of pages in bigger master folders.

Each folder contains a file named showthread.php.html that, opened in Firefox, will create one whole Noir page, just as it would look online.

Like I said, I have no idea how one would rebuild the thread on another site if the need ever arose, but there must be some way. The pages could certainly be uploaded to a blog or viewed as an archive, but there would be no way to reply, like we do here. Anyway, it's somewhat of an insurance policy, and also a way for greedy me to have a copy of every image that has ever been posted here. And it only took 6 weeks or so to save all the files!

Last edited by 3940dxer; Jun 2, 2012 at 4:30 AM.