View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 1:02 PM

This is random, but am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that they're planning a light rail system with no stops at RDU in the initial phase? I'll even go a step further and suggest a "stadium complex" stop as well. I think they're wasting their money by thinking that commuters and visitors to the area will want to transfer in RTP and take a bus to the airport. I wouldn't use it simply for that reason. TRAX in Salt Lake City has it figured out. 3 lines, one with a stop at the airport as the start/terminus of the line with direct access to downtown & transfers. It's awesome. Think of the mixed use development potential around the Edwards Mill & Wade Ave area with a light rail stop. There's enough land there, that for the right price could be turned into a legit planned urban grid system neighborhood. I also consider all the people with ties to Raleigh and the Triangle that might want to fly in to RDU, grab a train to a game or a concert and stay in the area. People would do it! All these die hard NCSU Alumni living elsewhere would make somebody a lot of money. Oh well, that's just my opinion. Rant over.